As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, Merrimack College has shared developments of the virus and advised actions to be taken in order to continue prevention efforts and keep Merrimack College students safe. As part of this, below are updated actions being taken by the college and the O’Brien Center for Career Development:
The O’Brien Center for Career Development is dedicated to continuing to serve the Merrimack College community during this time. The following changes will occur until April 14th.
- Career advising appointments will occur virtually via Blackboard Collaborate or Zoom. If you already have a scheduled career advising appointment, your advisor will reach out to you with further instructions via email.
- Walk-in hours will be cancelled until the Merrimack College community returns back to campus. If you have immediate concerns, please email your career advisor or email@example.com.
At the request of the College, the CDC and Governor Charles Baker, all domestic and international travel, hosting of visitors, and events of 10+ people will be canceled through April 13th. This includes the cancellation of:
- Higher Education Graduate Mock Interviews: Tuesday, March 17
- Careers in Criminology & Criminal Justice: Thursday, March 19
- Professional Development Retreat: Class of 2021: Thursday, March 26 – Friday, March 27 at the Westin Waltham Boston
- Health Sciences Graduate Mock Interviews & Networking Reception: Tuesday, March 31
- Ask an Employer: Human & Social Services: Thursday, April 2
The following event has switched from in-person to an online, virtual format:
- Internship Institute Boot Camp IV: Wednesday, April 1
The college will continue to send updates and share resources as this situation continues to evolve. All updates will be made to www.merrimack.edu/coronavirus. If you have specific questions about the O’Brien Center for Career Development, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 837-5480. The O’Brien Center for Career Development will remain open virtually, but there will be no access to on-campus facilities.
This page will be updated as needed.