Virtual interviewing scheduling assistance
We know in the current environment, you are likely focused on interviewing candidates over a virtual platform. Our team is ready to help you to schedule interviews with Merrimack students year-round. We strongly encourage employers to utilize the Handshake Interview Scheduler feature in order to make the interview scheduling process more efficient for both the organization and the students.
Please review the steps for requesting an interview schedule and a member of our team will connect with you to ensure your virtual interview process goes smoothly. This article from the Handshake Help Center can assist you as you follow the steps below.
What steps do I need to take to set-up a virtual interview with Merrimack students?
- Step one is to make sure you are an approved employer with Merrimack on our job platform, Handshake. If you do not have a company Handshake account, you can register for one by following these instructions.
- Step two brings you directly to our ‘Create an Interview Schedule’ webpage. Here, you will be able to determine the date and time you would like to host your virtual interview and how many virtual rooms you will require. The rooms will depend on the number of separate interviews you wish to host at the same time (Interviewer A will be assigned Room 1 and Interviewer B will be assigned Room 2, etc.). You will have the option to connect the interview schedule to a job opening within your organization (you can connect to an already posted position or create a new position within this process). Special instructions can be found here.
- When selecting the type of interview timeline: room only and pre-select to alternate are the default options, you can also enter in your own selection by using the Enter Dates Directly. If you use Pre-select – this will give students you designate as primary or alternate candidates direct instructions via Handshake to sign-up themselves for their interview time. Room only will not include this feature and assumes you will be scheduling the interviews externally.
- When selecting the type of interview slot template: If none of these options perfectly fit your time frame, please select the closest option and bring up the changes you need to make when the team reaches out. Changes can be small like a different start or end time, adding an additional break opportunity, etc.
- Step three will submit your interview request to our team. A staff member will then reach out to confirm all the details via email (look for email@example.com). This will be the final step in setting up the OCI outside of the actual interview scheduling.
Can I host a virtual information session before beginning the interview process?
Yes, we recommend hosting a virtual information session 5-10 days before your interviews begin. You can post an event on Handshake (Help Article) and invite student applicants as well as additional potential candidates from across the platform to participate. Virtual events can be posted any time of year.