ON CAMPUS INTERVIEWING
On campus interviews allow you the chance to interact with a wide variety of our highly qualified students and alumni as you look to attract new talent for your internship, co-op, or full time opportunities. The O’Brien Center will help with the preparations and publicize your visit so you can interview qualified students and alumni on Merrimack’s campus. We have provided a list of FAQs for you to review in regards to Merrimack’s OCI program.
When can I participate in OCIs at Merrimack?
We are able to host employers Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. between mid-September to mid-December during the fall term and late-January and late April in the spring term. Interviews will take place in the brand new Arcidi Center located next to Parking Lot A in our dedicated Employer Conference Room. Please contact us early to reserve the conference room as space is limited and fills quickly.
What steps do I need to take to set-up an OCI?
- Step one is to make sure you are an approved employer with Merrimack on our job platform, Handshake. If you do not have a company Handshake account, you can register for one by following these instructions.
- Step two brings you directly to our ‘Create an Interview Schedule’ webpage. Here, you will be able to determine which day and time you would like to come to campus, how many interview rooms you need (we have one specifically reserved for employers), and connect it to a job opening within your organization (you can connect to an already posted position or create a new position within this process). Special instructions can be found here.
- When selecting the type of interview timeline: room only and preselect to alternate are the default options, you can also enter in your own selection by using the Enter Dates Directly. If you use Preselect – this will give students you designate as primary or alternate candidates direct instructions via Handshake to sign-up themselves for their interview time. Room only will not include this feature and assumes you will be scheduling the interviews externally.
- When selecting the type of interview slot template: If none of these options perfectly fit your time frame, please select the closest option and bring up the changes you need to make when the team reaches out. Changes can be small like a different start or end time, adding an additional break opportunity, etc.
- Step three will submit your interview request to our Employer Relations team. A staff member will then reach out to confirm all the details via email (look for email@example.com). This will be the final step in setting up the OCI outside of the actual interview scheduling.
Can I host an information session or information table before coming to campus for an OCI?
Yes, we recommend coming to campus 3-7 days prior to your interview day to talk with other interested students and make sure you are bringing in quality interviewees.
If you have any other questions related to OCI, please contact us so we can work with your organization through next steps. You can reach us by calling 978-837-5480 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.