Summer 2021 Internship – Women’s Design Intern
Please apply on our website only!
Every Summer Internship Should Feel This Good!
A few things you should know..
- Business hours are 9:00am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday, with a daily half hour unpaid lunch break
- Our Summer 2021 Internship Program is 8 weeks in total will run from June 14th-August 13th
- We typically have 1 opening in each department
- Please make sure to attach your resume as well as any additional information you would like us to have
- With a growing number of applicants each year, this is a highly competitive Internship program. Please feel free to add additional information to your application such as a link to your blog, Linkedin, your portfolio, or any other relevant project to show your passion!
- Rising Juniors and Seniors are considered first
- All applications must be received by Friday, March 12th
- This internship is mainly remote but candidates who apply to this position must be within a commuting radius from Stamford, CT. This role may require the intern to be in the office at some point during the program.
We’re on the lookout for highly motivated college students, in good academic standing, who are passionate about our brand and about working toward a career in the retail industry.
Interns will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations within their designated department, providing support to other departments as needed, as well as handling administrative tasks throughout the office. In addition to the above responsibilities, all Interns will be assigned a group project to work on throughout the summer and are expected to present their findings to management at the conclusion of the Internship. Interns will be assigned a group of business leaders for direction and guidance through the project. Vineyard vines also provides social and educational experiences for our Interns. Please note: All of these interns will be hosted virtually.
- Assist design team with all aspects of the design process
- Organize samples and trims by maintaining trim library
- Sketch and update CADs in Illustrator after meetings and fittings
- Update and organize various binders for fabrics/CADs/trims/artwork
- Organize and file paperwork and samples
- Demonstrate the ability to carefully listen to others at all levels in the organization
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Understands and adheres to all policies related to the organization
- Complete ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed
What you bring:
- Attending school for design with a strong interest in women’s apparel and or print/pattern design
- STRONG organizational skill
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Eager to learn
- A passion for the vineyard vines brand and lifestyle
- Great communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility and open-mindedness
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential company materials
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Ability to plan, manage time, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Preferred: within a 50 mile radius of Stamford, CT
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat