About this Job
United Civil is seeking an energized, self-motivated Project Engineer Intern to join our team. This is an opportunity to grow with a dynamic, experienced civil construction company working with top-tier clients. We offer promising opportunities for professional and personal growth and provide our employees with appropriate training, and competitive compensation. Successful candidates will be located either in our office in Middleton, MA (north of Boston) or at one of our Boston area jobsites, depending on availability. This individual will assist in all in-house surveying and work closely with the project team to monitor and assist with a variety of projects.
· Perform tasks on projects requiring a broad knowledge in the field of civil, substation, energy and utility construction
· Use Trimble GPS, Total Station, and other robotics to produce Surveys
· As-Builts, and layouts
· Prepare calculations for construction surveying
· Perform construction administration, and standard technical specifications documents
*Must have vehicle available for transportation to office and/or jobsites.
· Strong skills in Surveying, As-Builts, and Layouts
· Ability to read and understand drawings and contract specifications
· Knowledge of GPS software including AutoCAD
· Ability to operate equipment such as Total Stations, Trimble and other robotics
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
About United Civil Inc.
General contractor and civil subcontractor that self-performs underground utility, sitework and concrete infrastructure, and other specialty civil services throughout the Northeast. We work together across many industries to deliver comprehensive solutions for a variety of infrastructure challenges that affect our communities. Our work is specialized and our clients are diverse- including power, gas, public, campus and commercial sectors.
United Civil has steadily grown to become the #14 Top Specialty Contractor in New England as ranked by the Engineering News-Record, and one of the Top Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn for news, updates and opportunities with United Civil.