The Information Technology department is seeking an experienced IT Service Desk Technician to join our IT Service Desk team. This role will provide first level troubleshooting support for a variety of computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service to our Team Partners.
This role will provide day to day first level support for application, hardware and networking inquiries coming from 250+ locations throughout the US and Canada. Services supported include hardware (desktops/laptops, mobile devices, printers, file shares), video-conferencing, WAN and VPN networks and phones, business applications (AS400, Saas and hosted), Active Directory administration, and collaboration tools such as Office365 and email. Support channels include self-service portal, email, instant messaging and phone support. Responsibilities include:
- Acts as first point of contact for all IT issues, quickly responding to Team Partner requests for IT service within SLA guidelines.
- Serves as primary support for end user access management requests including new employee technology onboarding, account setups, access changes and terminations. Follows established Audit procedures to ensure all employees receive proper access as authorized by their job function.
- Accurately triages and categorizes incidents and requests coming into the Service Desk, ensuring all tickets are properly documented in accordance with IT quality guidelines.
- Uses remote support tools (Bomgar, BigFix) to further diagnose and troubleshoot issues at remote locations.
- Appropriately routes issues not resolved on initial contact to the correct team for resolution, ensuring all troubleshooting and triage steps are documented in the ticketing tool before reassignment.
- Partners with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support organizations to ensure proper handoffs and follow through to resolution of customer issues.
- Educates end users on self-service support tools and best practices.
- Assists in documentation of Service Desk troubleshooting procedures that can be shared with the team’s knowledgebase.
- Assists in identification of trends in incidents, recommending recurring issues for problem management processes.
- May serve as a Service Desk representative on project teams to ensure operational readiness for support new services.
To ensure continuity of essential services, this role may be required to work variable shifts and/or overtime depending on business demands.
- Associate’s degree in technical discipline or a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years relevant experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in an enterprise IT support organization preferred
- Strong customer service focus, organizational skills and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and basic AD administration (user and group management).
- Fundamental Windows 7 & Windows 10 troubleshooting and mobile device support in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office365 support (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,Outlook).
- Hands on experience working with an ITSM/ticketing system (ServiceNow, Cherwell, Remedy, etc.).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team based environment with managed service levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical aptitude to learn and support new technologies as they are introduced to the field.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills; ability to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility and follow up as needed.
- Ability to maintain composure and re-prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management & staff and develop relationships with the business is required.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, IT, etc.) preferred
- ITIL Foundations v3 Certification a plus.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst isan equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws