Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Reno, NV
- Bellevue, WA
About the Teams
Tesla is looking for talented, highly motivated university students for our various applications engineering teams to continue to be at the forefront of building a consistent and trustworthy experience across all touch points from digital, sales & service, infrastructure engineering, factory software, to internal application touch points and much more! Our software engineers are building the next generation of products and supporting infrastructure which allows our customers and our internal teams to understand, interact with various products and services that Tesla offers.
As you continue to discover your passion and strengths in navigating your career path, you can be part of one of our internship programs within the following Software Engineering teams:
• Data Engineer – Responsible for enterprise data processing and analytics
• Digital Experience – Focus on customer experience interaction from tesla.com to the Tesla App
• Factory Software – Focus on supporting General Assembly in all automotive and energy lines at the Tesla Factories
• Financial Platforms – Focusing on Tesla payments and financial platforms from global online payments to scalable and automated reconciliation
• Enterprise Resource Planning – Focus on system software development from Purchasing to Sales, Logistics and Delivery to Inventory & Costing and much more
• Service and Customer support – Focus on the interaction and experience of the end user from phone/road assistance, to service centers, to body repair shops to name a few
• Partner alongside software engineers and various cross functional team members to build, manage, perform and support various aspects of real time projects.
• Develop applications to support various functions across teams
• Promote Software Engineering best practices
• Independent and driven to react quickly to changing business strategy
• Leverage your existing skills while learning and implementing new technologies
• Work with Product Managers, Quality Engineers, and DevOps to own your solution from inception to production rollout & operations
• Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
• Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree
• Experience in Python, SQL, MySQL, Web Development
• Experience and knowledge as full stack developer
• Experience and knowledge with back-end technologies: C#, Go/Golang, Java, PHP
• Previous software engineering internship and/or relevant project experience is a plus