Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Spectrum / Charter provides.
It’s a great time to join the Spectrum / Charter NetOps Internship 10 Weeks Program. Jump in and make your mark on high profile projects and plans. Take advantage of access to our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow your skills!
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from June 1, 2020 through August 7, 2020
The Video Operations Tools and Automation Devops Intern is responsible for supporting software solutions that bring operational awareness and management of Video Platforms. Using technology and software, our intern will provide in-depth analysis of Video Operating systems in areas for improved operational awareness or automation tasks, and will also run tasks and projects to completion such as performance analysis and reports from existing systems. The Video Operations Tools and Automation team supports the full gamut of Video systems and platforms, so the ability to quickly understand new technologies, apply rigor and analytics to systems not commonly known, and solve problems that are not easily solved will be what we are looking for in an intern.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Engineering to design and test system designs with full knowledge of configurations.
- May need to develop, design and implement automated reporting tools and dashboards.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Working with Implementation teams on various projects/initiatives and Process Improvements for Video Operations.
- Support the teams providing reliable and consistent operation of these systems in order to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Provides technical and analytical support to projects, engineers or any entity of Video Operations.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance Video platform performance.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Network Management or related field
- Currently enrolled and completing the first year in a Master’s Degree Computer Science program at an accredited University
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools like PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word
- Experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Experience with Python and other scripting language and UI development