Rockland Trust is currently seeking a Foreign Exchange Support Specialist. The Foreign Exchange (FX) Support Specialist provides operational support to the Foreign Exchange department of the bank. They are responsible for ensuring all aspects of operations for clients are completed, transactions are processed on time and exceptions are resolved proactively. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Director of Int’l Services to provide advice regarding foreign currencies, foreign country restrictions, routing requirements, and payment formatting to guard against foreign exchange loss, delayed payments, and/or the incursion of additional foreign bank fees.
- Provide advice to bank personnel and account officers based on extensive procedural and documentation research as well as occasional transactional analysis to aid in the resolution of issues.
- Works with various internal teams to be sure transactions are processed and exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
- Help analyze system infrastructures and existing process flows to determine opportunities in partnership with clients.
- Ensure all day to day queries dealt with within required SLAs and escalate issues to the Director.
- Provide operations subject matter expertise and value added services to clients where required.
- Strong time management skills required to meet the internal and external deadlines/cutoffs.
- Business process re-engineering, innovative ideas to enhance client experience and create efficiency for both RTC and their clients
- Maintain knowledge of policies, procedure, products and services
- Process transactions both accurately and thoroughly
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 plus years of Foreign Exchange/International Wire Transfer experience preferred
- High level customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of business processes, products and services
- Solid time management skills; goal driven with the desire to exceed quality and productivity goals
- Solid verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Self starter; able to work with minimal supervision and learn new concepts quickly
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including taking the initiative to drive change and enhance controls
- Ability to manage through a changing business landscape, anticipating issues and aggressively drive initiatives to ensure results
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you’ll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.