Associate Scientist-Bioanalytical Science
Randstad Life Sciences is partnered with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, MA as they seek an Associate Scientist to join their team for a 1 year contract to start.
There is a strong possibility of this position extending or becoming permanent! (Contract professionals with Randstad Life Sciences qualify for Health Benefits and earned time off!)
- The Bioanalytical Sciences group is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist II to join our team to help advance novel RNAi therapeutic programs from discovery to the clinic.
- The Bioanalytical Associate Scientist will be responsible for developing and implementing biologically relevant assays to support early through late-stage drug development programs using techniques such as RT-qPCR, ddPCR, and immunoprecipitation.
- They will execute assays and analyze results to evaluate PK, drug distribution, PD, and molecular biomarkers to advance RNAi therapeutic development.
- They will have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment, and to work with multiple investigative divisions to provide bioanalytical support.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant team and interact with highly motivated scientists across a broad array of disciplinary expertise areas.
- Evaluate gene expression, drug concentration, or molecular PD biomarkers in biological matrices using techniques such as RT-qPCR, ddPCR, or immunoprecipitation.
- Conduct sample analysis studies to support all of our RNAi therapeutic development from early to late stages.
- Perform DNA and RNA extraction.
- Design RT-qPCR primers and probes for target sequences.
- Execute experiments and perform data analysis. Create draft documents and presentations. Maintain an accurate laboratory notebook.
- Investigate areas for automation to increase quality or efficiency.
Education & Qualifications
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or relevant field.
- Hands on knowledge and technical skills to perform analytical methods such as qPCR and immunoprecipitation with subsequent data analysis is preferred but not required
- Familiar with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other analytical software (e.g. GraphPad Prism).
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- A quick learner with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.