TITLE: School Psychologist
REPORT TO: Administrator of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To determine specific learning disabilities or emotional disabilities by conducting psychological evaluations; to provide clinical consultations and other related services in a public school setting.
1. Administer, interpret, and write up psychological evaluations including cognitive, academic, learning and memory perceptual-organizational and projective testing.
2. Provide in-school counseling services on a 1-1 or small group setting as deemed appropriate.
3. Provide consultation to principals, teachers, guidance counselors and Special Education TEAM members.
4. Consult to Instructional Support Teams.
5. Provide determinations of disability at TEAM meetings, present results of evaluation and integrate other specialist’s results into a meaningful presentation.
6. Perform as an integral role in the IEP TEAM process to develop the Individualized Educational Program.
7. Consult with parents.
8. Provide in-service training for teachers and peers.
9. Assessment of referred student’s difficulties through appropriate psychological testing and diagnosis.
10. Perform such duties as directed by the Administrator of Special Education.
EVALUATION: The Administrator of Special Education
EMPLOYMENT: Teacher contract defines the school year and salary
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Ph.D. preferred in Psychology/Counseling (Master’s Degree or
with experience will be strongly considered).
2. Massachusetts State Certification as School Psychologist
3. Extensive experience with conducting psychological evaluations and individual and group counseling, preferably in a school setting.