Exciting opportunity to work directly with adults or children on inpatient psychiatric units!
As a Mental Health Specialist you will be:
- establishing therapeutic relationship with patients while maintaining professional boundaries
- participating in patient care rounds
- managing the milieu and facilitating psycho education and therapeutic group activities
The successful candidate will identify patient behaviors that contribute to the development of a crisis, and utilize nonverbal and verbal techniques to de-escalate crisis situations, as these units are striving to be a restraint free environment to promote the recovery of patients.
Positions require some scheduling flexibility, including every other weekend and rotating holidays.
North Shore Medical Center Psychiatry service includes a comprehensive array of psychiatric services including 120 inpatient beds all on the Salem campus. NSMC is a member of the Mass General Brigham System formerly known as (Partners Health Care) that includes MGH, Brigham, McLean, Newton Wellesley Hospital and other institutions.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with patients of diverse age, population, and multitude of cultural/ethnic background.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services.
- Experience in an inpatient mental health unit.
We are hiring all shifts – part-time and full-time!