GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Youth Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for the training and coordination of youth membership enabling digital literacy, through media production. Other duties; Sports, News and Event video production coverage; Post production editing and producing commercials. These responsibilities are based upon the principals, practices and techniques of Community Television Operations.
- Develop and run a progressive youth media production workshop schedule to promote content creation
- Create opportunities to engage youth in what North Andover CAM has to offer
- Coordinate and maintain an active volunteer base through production opportunities and encouragement with direct interaction to provide support and assistance.
- Assist in news package production
- Produce marketing commercials for activities in the community
- Multi Camera Production in studio, as well as on location
- Maintain our member and equipment database.
- Inform the community and its institutions about the availability, goals and uses of community media
- Train and qualify members for production positions
- Setting up or preparing production gear for members use on remote location productions
- Other duties as assigned
- BA degree in Communications or Media or related experience
- Must have the ability and interest in working directly with youth ages 10 and older
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, individuals, ideas, and opinions.
- A Self Motivated individual who demonstrates resourcefulness in achieving goals
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of knowledge of video production equipment operation and proficiency in television production.
- Knowledge and conceptual strength regarding computers
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals and non-professionals
- The ability to work on your feet for most of a shift on any given workday.