Are you a new to Special Education or looking to become a teacher in the wonderful field of Special Education ! NEPC can support you in your Professional growth.
The Day School at New England Pediatric Care has operated as a Chapter 766 Private School for over twenty five years. We provide Special Education Services to medically-complex students with significant cognitive impairments. We are committed to providing our students a fun, enriched, educational environment ! We are seeking a full time Special Education Teacher to lead one of our classrooms.
A successful teacher candidate should possess the following:
· Bachelors Degree ; Masters Degree Preferred
· Enrolled in Graduate Program /Licensure program or eligible for DESE waiver in Severe or Moderate special needs. ( We will support you through the waiver process)
· DESE Special Education License in Moderate or Severe Disabilities
· Experience working with Individuals with special medical and learning needs.
· Experience writing IEP’s and carrying out specific student goals
· Patience and understanding with students, families and school districts we work with
· Ability to lead and supervise teaching assistants and utilize a team approach in the classroom
· Ability to think on your feet and adapt curriculum and content in a meaningful way
· Work effectively with Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapists as well as school Nurses and Nursing staff to care for and educate our students.
· Maintain an organized, safe and productive classroom for students to learn in.
· Flexibility to meet identified student needs
· Participate in staff trainings and in-service trainings as required
· Model respect, honesty, consideration, responsibility and positive attitude
· Strong commitment to NEPC’s goals and philosophy.
· 5 weeks of Flexible Vacation time
· 5 Paid Sick days
Job Type: Full-time