Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Our client is a company that modernizes order fulfillment through Artificial Intelligence-driven software and mobile robots built together so they cooperate in deciding on and executing warehouse activities that maximize payoffs and minimize tradeoffs to create the highest yield.
As an Applied Scientist in AI and Optimization, you will be responsible for designing and implementing algorithms for optimizing our robotics systems.
- Drive design and implementation of scalable optimization algorithms for various warehousing activities such as multi-agent path planning, resource allocation, bin packing, scheduling, robot task assignment, etc.
- Work with other architects and scientists to develop test and simulation capabilities for warehouse optimization algorithms.
- Develop systems and/or processes to ensure algorithms provide high availability and fault tolerance.
- Contribute to architecture and design discussions for optimization-related software components.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Optimization, or related field
- Extensive background in traditional AI, combinatorial optimization, discrete optimization, integer programming, and search-based optimization
- Extensive experience in developing and testing practical and effective algorithms for complex (NP-hard) problems
- Strong mathematics background
- Proven track record and/or publication history applying optimization to problems of practical importance such as multi-agent path planning, bin packing, resource scheduling, delivery optimization, etc.
- Experience developing software for a system that was deployed to the field and/or customers
- Strong knowledge of and professional experience implementing algorithms in Python, C++, or Java.
- Working knowledge of mobile robot kinematics and dynamics
- Understanding of the modern data science techniques including machine learning and statistical inference
- Experience implementing optimization algorithms for products
- Experience applying optimization techniques in warehousing