To be considered for this position, please apply directly to the MIT Lincoln Laboratory website directly – https://careers.ll.mit.edu/job/Lexington-Electrical-Engineering-CO-OP-%28Summer-2020%29-MA-02420/630947200/.
Date: Feb 13, 2020
Location: Lexington, MA, US
Company: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Facility Services Department is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the MIT Lincoln Laboratory complex in support of the research mission. It also furnishes the design, engineering, and construction needs of the Laboratory, addressing its ever-changing program requirements. The department’s overarching goal is to provide prompt, quality service in a wide spectrum of responsibilities in compliance with state and federal codes, and manage many services that influence the workplace quality of life for the Laboratory’s population.
Electrical Engineering CO-OP Student
The electrical engineering coop will work under direction of the lead electrical engineer. This position will provide the student with hands on experience in the engineering and design of building electrical systems in a first class research and development facility.
- Assist in the update and organization of electrical system drawings. This will include field verification of existing conditions, review of drawing files from completed projects, and update of existing system drawings using AutoCAD 2015/2018
- Perform various electrical calculations, including load/panel schedules, branch circuit protection and wiring, voltage drop, etc.
- Perform lighting design and calculations using computer software
- Assist engineers and designers in the preparation of documents for bid and construction
- Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD and/or REVIT
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an educational program working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Some experience with building electrical systems (power, lighting) is desirable.
- Must have AutoCad experience.
- Ability to perform field work and measurements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance required.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.