The Equity Research Summer Intern position is a great opportunity to experience the investment management business at a leading asset management firm. The Summer Interns will work closely with Equity Research Associates and Analysts on a specific sector team (e.g., technology, financials, etc.) focused on various projects and analyses. Examples of projects may include: industry and market sizing, competitive analysis, financial modeling and primary research on a company’s products and services. MFS will be looking to hire full time Equity Research Associates from the Summer Internship program to start in mid 2021 following their graduation from college.
Under the direction of an Analyst and Equity Research Associate, perform fundamental research on industries, markets, companies, products and/or services. This will involve using resources such as Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and/or Factset to gather financial data to be analyzed.
Projects assigned will be directed at deepening Analyst specific industry and company analysis to help inform stock selection. This will include both qualitative and quantitative analyses, such as market segmentation, competitive position, market share trends, pricing dynamics, industry and company profitability as well as comparable company analyses and financial modeling.
The Summer Intern will be expected to synthesize large amounts of data on the above areas of focus into concise and actionable insights in a timely matter.
- Must be a rising senior in college as of June 2020 with graduation expected in May/June 2021.
- Demonstrated interest in finance and economics. Prior summer internship in the finance sector a positive, but not a requirement.
- Genuine intellectual curiosity and drive to learn. Self-starter. Ability to make decisions with imperfect information.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently on complex projects as well as be a strong team player. High level of maturity and professionalism expected.
- Strong academic track record, SAT, GPA and rigorous course work.
- Demonstrated leadership skills both academically and extracurricular.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter