Voted one of New Hampshire's Best Companies to Work For, Methuen Construction is widely recognized as the most successful, self-performing general contractor in the industry.
Built on more than 57 years of experience, Methuen Construction employs only the highest skilled trades professionals including Millwrights, Ironworkers, Pipefitters, Carpenters, Welders, Heavy Equipment Operators, Truck Drivers and Laborers.
Our Company consistently strives for complete client satisfaction by delivering outstanding construction services and cutting-edge solutions. As we expand our construction territory, diversify our client base and enhance our operational capabilities, our need for highly skilled teammates is growing!
Position: Construction Operations Co-op
Reports to: Project Manager
Methuen Construction Company is seeking a Construction Operations Co-op to support ongoing and future projects. The qualified candidate will provide assistance to the Project Engineers, Project Superintendents and Project Managers by facilitating the successful execution of the project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical assistance to the project team including interpreting contract drawings and submittals
- Provide assistance to Project Managers, Foreman, and Superintendents to facilitate construction project plan
- Provide assistance in performing solicitation and evaluation of prices from vendors and distributors
- Ensure proper oversight and retention of documents relevant to project
- Assist with Logging PO's, subcontracts, insurance certificates and correspondence
- Assist with tracking fabrication and delivery of product and equipment
- Assist with all project Safety, Quality, and Compliance programs and processes
- Assist with performing inspection of construction site progress and quality
- Keep accurate notes, records, sketches, daily reports, and field books to describe and verify the planned work as well as the completed work that they will incorporate in the project's record documents
- Perform other duties to support construction operations as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction and quality control
- Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
This position is not responsible for the oversight of any other teammates
This is an internship/Co-op, non-exempt position. Hours can be flexible within a full-time schedule.
Minimal travel. Potential for occasional travel to job sites around New England
Education and Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Skill in the use of Windows based personal computers in application of Microsoft Office Professional
- Previous experience performing work with water, waste/water and heavy industrial process systems is preferred for this position, but not required
- Personal commitment to team environment, safety, customer satisfaction and quality control
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and safely maneauver around the nearby presence of various construction equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to perform duties as needed in various conditions of adverse weather on an active construction site
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Methuen Construction/Summit Metal Fabricators provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.