KCB Solutions, LLC, leading manufacturer of RF and Microwave surface mount components within the Space, Aerospace, and Defense Industries, is looking for a skilled and team oriented individual to join the KCB team.
As part of the Product Realization process, the Product Development Engineer plays a key role in bringing the next generation of products through the design and release process to a successful manufacturing launch. The Product Development Engineer will fill a key role in ensuring that new products meet the cost and manufacturability goals and are released in accordance with published milestones.
Primary activities include:
• Assist in defining technical and component requirements for new products.
• Collaborate with and support customers as needed.
• Generate error free product documentation necessary for successful manufacturing of new products.
• Test, troubleshoot and optimize prototypes and design validation units.
• Detailed analysis and review of product data to ensure product compliance to specifications.
• Identification of product performance issues during new product development. In particular, identifying any product performance issues that may lead to yield loss and work to resolve the issues identified.
• Understanding the product design tradeoffs, which affect yield and manufacturability.
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Proficiency (written and oral)
• Collaborative Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Detail Oriented
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Microsoft Excel.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Ability to frequently use hands to feel and handle objects, tools, or controls
• Ability to sit for periods of time
• Ability to apply the scientific method and critical thinking skills to solve technical problems
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate positive team and interpersonal behavior
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent, required.
• Minimum 4 years of professional RF/Microwave engineering experience required.
• Experience with microelectronic circuit design and fabrication preferred.
• Experience with set up, calibration, and measurement of RF/microwave circuits preferred.
• Experience with design simulation and optimization using Microwave Office preferred.
• Experience with MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750, MIL-PRF-19500, MIL-PRF-38534, and MIL-PRF-38535 preferred.
• Must be available to work at the 900 Mount Laurel Circle, Shirley, MA headquarters location (remote work/telecommuting arrangements and relocation assistance are both unavailable.)
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States (employment visa sponsorship is not available.)
• Must be able to pass a background check investigation.
This is a full-time position with full benefits (health, dental, 401k, short/long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, etc.)
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.