Neuro Exercise Internship
Journey Forward offers unpaid internships to qualified candidates studying exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology or related fields. Internships may be available during the fall, spring or summer semesters. Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter describing their background, interests and career goals to the listed contact.
Journey Forward internships aim to provide qualified candidates with an environment for understanding the positive role Exercise Therapy plays in preventive care, rehabilitation and independence for those who have suffered a Spinal Cord Injury and other neurological disabilities.
Specifically, interns will:
- Have a basic introduction to “Activity Based Therapies”, Locomotor Training and other issues that are associated with Spinal Cord Injuries and Neurological disabilities.
- Be trained in proper safety procedure for spotting and transferring clients
- Understanding specific advanced therapy equipment operations and benefits
- Learn to work with a variety of different neurological clientele on specific exercise routines
- Under close supervision of a Specialist, interns will assist in working with clients
For further information, please contact:
CONTACT: John Walters, Vice President and Program Director