HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Holyoke • Chicopee • Springfield Head Start, Inc. is committed to providing low-income children and their families with a Beacon of Hope and source of support for a brighter future. We strive to do so by providing high quality comprehensive child development services to enrolled children and empowering families to achieve stability in their home environment.
Work within the Human Resource area coordinating day to day HR tasks and responsibilities. Work with all levels of internal management and staff, potential candidates, interns, volunteers, and/or staff answering questions and guiding them through the Agency’s policies, procedures and benefits. Areas of focus include overseeing staff recruitment, hiring & orientation, employee benefits administration, processing UI, STD, LTD, WC claims and ensuring all personnel records and electronic data are maintained in accordance with relevant law and OHS Performance Standards as well as supervising the HR Assistant and HR Generalist(s). The HR Coordinator reports to the HR Manager.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· HRCI PHR or SHRM CP certification or comparable work experience in HR required.
· At least 3 years of human resource experience particularly in the areas of staff recruiting, employee benefits, employee leave and HR recordkeeping.
· At least 1 year of demonstrated success in a supervisory role.
· A strong commitment to the vision and mission of HCS Head Start.
· Desire to embrace and ability to promote diversity in the workplace.
· Strong interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
· Ability to maintain and model professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
· Ability to effectively lead a team.
· Exhibits analytical aptitude.
· Consistently exercises sound judgment.
· Computer Literacy: Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Word (including formatting & mail merge), Power Point and databases. ADP a plus.
· Ability to apply skills to multiple applications/projects effectively to meet internal and external deadlines.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing various tasks simultaneously.
· Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Strong proofreading skills
· Exceptional organizational skill in organizing work tasks, work space and electronic and hard copy filing.
· Coordinate and oversee the recruiting, hiring, pre-employment and orientation processes.
· Oversee and support benefits administration.
· Oversee processes related to approving and tracking employee leave.
· Respond to and process UI, STD/LTD and WC claims.
· Collaborate closely with the Comptroller and CFO to ensure that all HR communication to Fiscal is efficient, accurate and prompt including all new hires and status changes.
· Collaborate with the HR Manger and Fiscal department to process annual pay increases such as COLA, Probation End, Longevity Review, Masters review, Minimum Wage increases, etc.
· Coordinate voluntary resignation processes.
· Ensure all personnel records and data are maintained in accordance with relevant law and EEC Performance Standards. Coordinate records retention and purging according to applicable law and regulation.
· Generate and provide HR related reports for a variety of stakeholders ensuring accuracy of data in particular for EEC reporting.
· Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Full Time, Exempt position, Starting Salary: $57,983.38 annually
Excellent benefits including the following:
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Account, Agency paid Life Insurance, Retirement plan with Agency match, Agency paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation time, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Birthday off with Pay, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 30, 2020
All positions require experience with and sensitivity to the needs of lower income, culturally diverse, and at-risk families.
Bilingual and/or bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
A STRONG COMMITMENT TO QUALITY EARLY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
During our COVID-19 closure, candidate should to fill application
and submit a resume with cover letter to the following link: