H.C. Starck High Performance Metal Solutions (H.C. Starck Solutions), a leading global manufacturer of metal powders, complex fabrications, and additively manufactured parts made from refractory metals, is an independent division of H.C. Starck Group with operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia. H.C. Starck Solutions supplies its fabricated products to growing industries, including electronics, aerospace, medical, chemical processing, glass melting, and commercial heat treating. We deliver product solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), end-users, and aftermarket manufacturers.
We are currently sourcing candidates for a Mechanical Engineer Internship in our Newton, MA facility. This position is key in driving manufacturing process improvements with the goal of optimizing safety, quality and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team with maintenance department to address problems and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Troubleshoot problems with existing production equipment on the factory floor implementing designs
- Engineer, design, install and commission new production equipment and train operators.
- Evaluate technical input from direct observations on the factory floor and interfacing with manufacturing personnel and multi-disciplinary engineering groups in order to problem solve complex machinery operational issues.
- Interpret, prioritize and complete diverse engineering activities in order to obtain optimal machinery designs and performance considering plant operability, safety, quality and cost.
- Evaluate select suppliers for cost effective sources of materials and subcontracting services.
- Assign and supervise consulting contractors as required for project completion.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of process controls (HMI screens, operator interface) to optimize manufacturing equipment efficiencies preferred.
- Skilled in preparing cost estimates, schedules, and technical reports preferred.
- Ability to complete project assignments on time, within budget, and in compliance with all applicable codes and safety requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point required.
- Familiarity with using AutoCAD preferred
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.