Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
We are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
The SEC Reporting Manager is responsible for the review and/or preparation of all SEC financial reporting and certain internal management financial reporting. Administers and directs all steps, including staff supervision, necessary to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. This position will work closely with the Company’s external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with accounting standards and Company policies.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Review and prepare quarterly and annual SEC reports (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, earnings releases).
Manage the SEC Reporting Analyst:
• making employment decisions, reviewing job performance, and making salary recommendations.
• assigning work and advising direct reports when necessary;
• resolving personnel issues when they arise;
• approve work related to these functions.
Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements; and with the XBRL reporting process.
Perform accounting/reporting research.
Ensure adherence to the SEC reporting calendar.
Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
Work with the Company’s external auditors. Assist in the annual audit and quarterly review activities of the external auditors.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
• CPA with at least 4 years of experience public accounting experience, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting.
• Experience with XBRL.
• An excellent knowledge of U.S. U.S. GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
• Strong documentation and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with accounting software packages such as Oracle Financials.reports as necessary.
Support month-end and year-end closing activities. Perform fluctuation analysis and other month-end/year-end activities as needed.