Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell EMC, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
The Dell EMC Storage Engineering organization is looking for passionate engineering students with strong analytical skills to join our Storage Engineering team as summer interns. In this role, you will work in a high-performing team of engineers, who work on innovative software projects and provide solutions to our customer’s most complex issues. You will be assigned a project where you can quickly ramp and make real contributions during your time here. Whether delivering a tool/feature, testing a new product or working with teams that support our customers daily, you will learn what it’s like to work in a fast-pasted organization that provides leading edge solutions to customer data center challenges. You’ll have frequent opportunities to interact with other summer interns at professional development and social events. At the end of your tenure you’ll share what you’ve accomplished and hear from your peers.
Our goal is that today’s interns become tomorrow’s employees, so come join us and explore what your future could be like at Dell EMC!
Work under the direction of a technical lead, as part of a global engineering team, to contribute to development, enhancement or support of features and products. Tasks could include:
- Working with developers to write and test software for Storage Devices or cloud based solutions
- Writing scripts for performance, testing, and data analysis
- Reviewing design documents, contributing ideas and feedback
- Running qualification tests, analyzing results, and generating presentations for leadership
- Providing status reports and documentation of work and results
- Student working towards an Engineering Degree
- Highly motivated, with ability to ramp quickly
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
- Good understanding of Computer Science Foundations
- Basic Knowledge of the Software Development Cycle
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, sense of urgency and follow through on assigned tasks
Familiarity or strength in some of the areas below a plus. Different skills applicable to different roles/teams within Dell EMC Storage so not all required.
- Experience with at least one scripting language like PERL, Python or bash
- Proficiency in C, C++ or Java
- Understanding of Spring Framework, Angular/AngularJS, and HTML5
- Knowledge of kernel/embedded systems programming
- Multi-threaded, locking and memory management concepts
- Experience with SQL (PostgresSQL) or NoSQL (Cassandra) database
Please also apply to the link below:
Engineering - Civil / Mechanical / Other, Engineering - Web / Software
Software Developers and Engineers, Computer Hardware and Electronics Engineers
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.