Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
As an intern for Digital Direct Design at Converse (based at Converse WHQ in Boston), you will be responsible for helping to bring this unique brand to life across our digital ecosystem with a focus on our Direct E-Commerce business. From converse.com site creative, content creation, to email campaigns and creative in social channels, your insight and design work will help bring our strategy to life for our consumer.
This specific role will be focused around Converse By You – an experience that allows consumers to customize Converse shoes and express their own unique style. You will be directly involved in driving the custom business and how we can further expand the digital custom experience. This includes designing for our site, emails, media and includes content creation for our custom products, stories, and Converse social channels. You will be a part of a team bringing the Converse custom brand forward in the digital space. If you haven’t already, explore Custom on converse.com.
For the Digital Design intern for Summer 21’ we are looking for a multi-faceted digital creative. This person is a maker who is comfortable ideating and executing within the digital space. Someone who is comfortable in multiple roles; pushing their creativity through design one day, and brainstorming concept ideas the next. They are comfortable in a team setting. Working with anyone from merch, to copywriters, to content creators. Someone who is outgoing, hungry, and eager to learn will thrive in this role.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for the Converse Brand and passion for creating high-quality work
- Strong graphic design and typography skills
- Strong eye for photography
- Can create and ideate inventive solutions for content creation
- Someone who is resourceful and takes initiative
- Someone who is a clear, concise, and effective communicator over Slack, Email, Zoom, etc.
- Someone who is in tune with current youth culture (music, art, fashion, sneakers)
- Experience in designing in a digital space
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite & Sketch & Keynote
- Ability to socialize and present creative work, over Zoom.
- Ability to use online UX software such as Invision, for digital presentations.
- Craft and develop digital content and storytelling with our Gen-Z consumer in mind
- A team player with a positive, hard-working attitude, able to inspire and challenge other team members
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working under the direction of a Senior Designer, you will create inventive solutions in all aspects of our digital ecosystem – content and design relative to custom business.
- You will help execute, version, and maintain the Converse graphic standards and creative direction in the Global e-commerce channels
- You will work with Project Managers to comprehend briefs, and execute high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- You will work with Global partners to deliver brand right digital assets for marketing campaigns and seasonal creative
- You will have strong communication skills and be expected to clearly articulate your own ideas as well to the digital design team
- Be willing to take risks to determine the balance between exceptional creative and relevant business needs
- Assisting ideation and creation of seasonal concepts alongside merchandisers within the .com ecosystem
- Assist in the Art Direction and execution of converse.com site photography, email and banner creative
- Ability to comprehend guidelines, campaigns, brand and category assets and produce effective brand communication for retail and brand
- Graphic Design major
- Proficient with photography & video content
- Experience in digital design
- Excellent Photoshop skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite & Sketch (or Figma) & Keynote
- Animation, video editing, photo retouching
- An understanding of current digital design trends for e-commerce
- A knowledge of digital commerce, user-experience, and social media platforms
- Any other design experience is valued. Must show fully comprehensive portfolio.
- A connection and knowledge of streetwear culture and trends
- Excellent writing and communications experience preferred
- Knowledge of partners and creatives that could elevate the Converse brand
- Ability to work with project management software, to track tasks.