Summer Internship – Women’s Health Program
The Women’s Health Program of Community is seeking a 2021 summer intern to assist with programmatic work to address the negative impact of religiously-based provider restrictions on patients’ access to comprehensive reproductive health services, LGBTQ-inclusive care and end-of-life options. This will be a 20-hour per week internship for 10 weeks, with a stipend of $3,000. The intern will work virtually, reporting to the Women’s Health Program Director.
- Assist with taking notes and documenting recommended next steps from coalition meetings.
- Following up with coalition members to obtain additional information or examples of model policies, as assigned.
- Conducting research, as assigned, into potential policy options and messaging/framing of those options for presentation to policymakers.
- Preparing initial drafts of long-term change agendas, based on coalition recommendations.
- Preparing fact sheets and blog postings about the need to address religiously-based provider restrictions on access to care.
- Assisting with logistics of scheduling coalition meetings.
Desired intern qualifications
- Strong demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of reproductive health, rights and justice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. health delivery system and its oversight.
- Excellent writing abilities in both academic and popular formats, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Prefer graduate student seeking master’s level degree in in public health, health policy or law.
- Must be able to keep confidential the discussions within the coalition working on these issues.