Who we are…
Communitas is an agency dedicated to delivering individualized, family-centered services, programs, and support for people of all abilities, throughout their lifespan and in their communities. We are inspired by and committed to our people as we meet their changing needs and create new pathways for growth.
Communitas offers great training opportunities with plenty of room for growth, both personally and professionally. Employees that are eligible will receive a substantial benefit package with 3 weeks of vacation, 5 days of sick time, 13 holidays, medical/dental insurance, and more!
What you will do…
The Life Skills Mentor is responsible for teaching life and social skills to individuals in a variety of environments using their home and community as the classroom.
- The pay rate for this position is $16.00 per hour.
- For this position, schedules are available from 10 to 25 hours per week.
- All hours are available during the weekends. As well as available hours late afternoon into the evening on weekdays, with limited weekday morning and afternoon hours available.
You can make a difference by…
- Empowering individuals in managing and exercising control over their Individual Support Plan (ISP) and working with individuals to be successful in their ISP goals. Assisting individuals with activities of daily living when appropriate and instructed.
- Soliciting appropriate ongoing input from individuals and families and responding accordingly.
- Assisting individuals in advocating for their needs and desires when necessary. Recognizing and supporting the individual’s rights to make decisions, choices, and the right to take risks.
- Supervision of overall medical health, nutrition, social and general welfare of program participants.
- Assisting in the completion of assessments and other paperwork as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma is required, a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field is preferred.
- At least one year of experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities is required, three years or more preferred. A passion and dedication to supporting our people is a must.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check including references, CORI and fingerprinting.
- Pay increase after 1 year of service, pending a performance evaluation.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus.
- Comprehensive training opportunities and room for personal development and growth abound for motivated and dedicated candidates.
- Recognition and awards for performance.
- 5 days of sick time
- 3 weeks of vacation and 13 holidays (for positions working at least 20 hours per week set schedule)