Bose is a research company dedicated to developing breakthrough technologies and quality products that enrich people's lives - helping people do more, be more and feel more. To do so, we take a different approach than most companies. The result is a longstanding reputation for innovation and quality.
The co-op program at Bose will give you a chance to gain the inside track on a unique and rewarding work experience. Our goal is to make your co-op experience exciting, meaningful and a valuable opportunity to learn about the industry, the supply chain discipline, and Bose in particular. You will enrich your classroom work with a real-life perspective and develop valuable skills necessary to succeed after graduation.
The program covers a six-month duration which provides a deep learning experience. All positions report into the Manufacturing Global Supply Chain organization located at the Corporate Center in Framingham, Massachusetts, about 35 minutes outside Boston.
All co-op positions will provide you an opportunity to:
· Explore Bose’s end to end supply chain, including exposure to Commodity Management, Procurement, Logistics, Supply & Demand Planning, Strategy, Product Development, Program Management & Marketing.
· Provide value to the organization through daily standard work as well as improving current process your team may be working on.
· Yellow Belt certification (Lean Six Sigma) - provide value to the organization through your certification project. This includes gathering and analyzing the appropriate data, preparing a report of findings and recommendations and presenting to the department and implementing approved recommendations.
Positions & Responsibilities:
1. Procurement / Supplier Management: Positions will be in Bose’s Commodity Management or External Global Supply Management groups. In these positions, you will:
· Be involved in the purchasing of selected commodities including sourcing, obtaining and evaluating quotations, preparing for and actively participating in supplier meetings, analyzing supply plans, placing purchase orders and follow-up with delivery.
· Gain experience in Supply Chain ranging from New Product Development to Demand and Supply Planning to delivery into warehouses.
· The positions include a combination of strategic/project work and standard daily/weekly work. The standard work may include responsibility for managing a commodity/vendor and reporting utilizing Excel, SAP, and Business Intelligence.
2. Operations Analyst / Costing Analyst (2 positions): The Operations group is a support group within Bose Manufacturing & Global Supply Chain organization. For both roles, the ideal candidate is an independent worker and creative thinker who excels in project work and has a passion for driving process improvement.
· Project-manage ongoing maintenance and improvements to the Bose Corporate cost-reduction database. Ensure accuracy of cost savings data which is reported to Bose leadership.
· Manage KPI dashboard for VP of Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain. Collaborate closely with senior management to insure integrity of metrics.
· Create training modules and/or training documentation, including delivery of the training to individuals both inside and outside the department.
· The costing analyst will support costing of Bose New Products.
· Analysis of costed BOMs to identify savings opportunities, and drive closure with our external partner to ensure Bose product pricing is utilizing the lowest prices for all components.
· You will work closely with the GSM program manager, commodity leaders, and value engineering to accurately report material cost for the program.
3. Supply Chain Network Planner: Position will be in the Supply Chain Planning organization.
· You will be involved in planning the supply of several products within the global supply chain. Utilizing SAP and APO, this work includes analysis of forecasted demand, communicating with Suppliers on the required volume, and resolving supply chain gaps that may develop.
· Communicate supply to sales on an ongoing basis. Elevate supply issues which impact customer shipments to supply management, procurement, and logistics.
· Responsible for managing and preventing inactive and obsolete inventory from being created. This work includes projecting actual customer demand vs. forecast and projecting excess inventory.
4. S&OP Reporting Analyst: Position will be in the global Center of Excellence Team, part of Global Supply Planning Operations.
- You will create standard reporting in support of the S&OP process and create new reporting to support execution, planning and improvements in inventory planning, demand planning and customer fill rates.
- Utilize reporting tools in Power BI, SAP BI and Kinaxis RapidResponse to develop reporting for use by global supply chain teams.
5. Global Logistics: Position will support the transportation operations group in the supply chain organization.
· Support the delivery of all materials to customers (internal and external) through the transportation network on a global scale, and across multiple modes of transportation
· Manage unique and time critical transportation and delivery requests for internal customers globally
· Analyze transportation network and make recommendations to prevent future defects using various analytic tools and systems
· Participate in cross functional teams in sales, distribution and planning organization teams to resolve supply chain challenges
Skills: The ideal candidates are independent workers with attention for detail, strong communication skills, and who enjoy working in a collaborative environment. Being highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint is a must. SAP, Sharepoint and PowerBI experience is a plus.
Education: Business or Industrial Engineering majors (undergraduate only). Candidates with a concentration in Supply Chain or relevant industry experience preferred. Minimum GPA = 3.0
Benefits: $19-21 hourly rate; 40 hours per week. Paid sick/personal/holiday after 90 days; Discounted Employee Purchase Program (50% off retail); use of onsite gym, organized social gatherings for co-ops.