Bay State Community Services is seeking a motivated Accounting Intern to support the Finance team. This team of 6 is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, procurement, grant management, accounting and budgeting. BSCS has 15 sites, 360 employees and an annual budget of approximately $21M.
The internship requires a commitment of 10-20 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but students may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer terms, and preference will be given to students who can commit to a full semester.
The Accounting Intern will directly assist the Finance Team with a wide range of projects related to expense report auditing, account reconciliation, revenue processing, and grant accounting.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Finance can play in a non-profit setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the upcoming budget.
- Assist with the upcoming audit. This would entail helping put together workpapers, and pulling files.
- Help with bank statements reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Helping with beginning of the month and month end reports
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports within established deadline
- Assist with month end financial reports.
- Support finance team with other projects as assigned