Are you a passionate problem solver? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself and others to the highest standard? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an opportunity that will impress you. Who are we? We are ARCO, a Family of Construction Companies.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work.
- Competitive hourly compensation with overtime potential
- Housing covered when traveling away from home
- Per diem when traveling away from home
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage when you Intern or Co-op with us for at least 3 months
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are committed to building and sustaining a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
From recruiting, training, and hiring practices to selecting our subcontractors, we understand that diversity of all those involved in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the best solutions to our customers. We hire the best and the brightest from across the country – constructing a team of experts in architecture, design, engineering, project management, and business services.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
We are looking for a highly motivated College Superintendent Intern/Coop, who is passionate about the construction process to join our team. At ARCO, an Intern/Co-op has the opportunity to assist Superintendents with the following:
- Visit Jobsites and get hands on experience from our expert field personnel on projects in a variety of industries including, commercial, industrial, distribution, office, multi-family, entertainment and more.
- Learn various skills from the Superintendent on the job including creating schedules, talking to subcontractors, running a project smoothly from start to finish and working with the Superintendent on the job.
- You will make a meaningful contribution to ARCO’s success, performing critical tasks in every stage of the project life cycle.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- Enrolled in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or other related degree programs.
- Co-op or Intern construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a strong work ethic
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are proud to be one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned companies in America, celebrating over 29 years of experience as design-build experts. We have completed over 4,000 design-build projects across 48 states and 29 major cities nationwide. We ranked #7 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. and #34 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2021. Most importantly, our clients like us, trust us and want to do business with us. We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for the hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.