Software Engineer (Corporate Information Systems Department)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
- Utilize and maintain technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions for the section’s primary areas of responsibility. Pursues a greater understanding of these concepts for additional supporting applications.
- Actively participate in activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle including technical design sessions and developing well architected technical solutions aligned with business objectives. Participate in the translation of business requirements into well architected solutions. Includes close interaction with appropriate areas as needed.
- Participate in QA activities, final inspection, reviews, audits, metrics data generation, collection, interpretation and submission.
- Involved with simultaneous IT projects on varying technology stacks. Monitors performance, debugs issues and fine tunes processes to increase performance on an on-going basis.
- Proactively identify problems, perform root cause analysis, investigate information and perform impact analysis; formulate and execute plans to develop solutions.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel.
- Provide coverage and support of production systems.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of applicable technologies, architecture, frameworks and processes.
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to business problems.
- Committed to providing quick turnaround for day to day and high priority ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of development experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Queuing, SQL Server, DB2, and Mongo are a plus.
- Committed to continuous learning and increasing Java Developer skills.
- Quick learner; Self-motivated and self-directed in all aspects of the job particularly in the ability to research and self-teach in areas where formal training is not available.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work and effectively communicate those to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into software solutions; Open to feedback from peers.
- Experience working on multiple IT projects on varying technology stacks.
- Capable of completing routine work independently, conducting research and using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of impacts of changes across teams.
Perks and Benefits:
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Generous retirement benefits
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.