We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join American Tower’s U.S. Accounting team. The U.S. Accounting team properly records and reports the Company’s U.S. Tower division’s revenue and direct expenses for both the tower and managed networks businesses. The accounting team also supports operational teams by providing reporting over areas they are responsible for (including fixed assets, repairs and maintenance, and utilities), while ensuring adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and internal accounting policies. Day to day you will assist with monthly financial close activities, including journal entry preparation, account analysis, and balance sheet reconciliation, and prepare reports through analysis of basic operating statistics and/or financial data.
Our Core Principles
are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Perform monthly financial close activities for the U.S. market with over $3 billion in annual revenue, which includes:
- Performing analyses of profit and loss accounts for U.S. operations;
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring transactions are reported properly to support REIT and securitization reporting;
- Supporting internal control documentation, checklists, and audits to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; and
- Accounting for transactions, including complex lease arrangements, business acquisitions, and other matters, in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform monthly operations reporting, including providing support for SEC reporting.
- Provide support for accounting for basic new business initiatives from GAAP prospective.
- Provide business support for various internal teams.
- Perform ad hoc financial and accounting analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Accounting or finance experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Approximately 5% travel may be required to support the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and the ability with little or no supervision to make independent judgments while applying GAAP to standard business transactions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.