Internship Summary: Highly motivated Accounting Interns will join the Finance team in our Woburn office. The Accounting Internship Program allows students to apply acquired accounting knowledge within a corporate environment. Interns partner with various team leaders and managers to provide accounting support and learn the day to day operations of a fast-paced business and it’s accounting organization. The Intern must be an organized team player with strong initiative, communication skills, and a baseline understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The incumbent will assist with monthly financial close activities, preparation of financial reports, and ad-hoc activities and projects as they arise.
Job Functions and Duties:
- Assist with monthly financial close process
- Prepare account analyses and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries
- Apply (with the support of your team leader) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assist with preparation of financial reports
- Apply analysis of basic operating statistics and/or financial data
- Support various Company departments through an understanding of their respective financial information
- Help other departments identify opportunities to maximize financial performance
- Assist with ad-hoc requests
Specific Skills Desired:
- Baseline familiarity with GAAP
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented; able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high volume, deadline driven environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
Education and Experience:
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business degree with concentration in Accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 preferred
- Interest in obtaining CPA or other relevant professional designation preferred
- Must be within 18 months of graduation at time of internship commencement
- During the internship you will be part of a fun, collaborative culture and receive mentorship from various Company leaders.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be eligible to be considered for full-time employment within the Accounting team.
- If hired into full-time employment upon graduation, you will qualify for the Company’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k match program; education and wellness reimbursement; an employee stock purchase program; bonus; equity; and more.