WHAT IS GET HIRED UP? WHO ARE THE GHU INTERNS?
Get Hired Up (GHU) is a student-intern campaign organized by the O’Brien Center for Career Development to raise awareness about career development experiences across campus. Our interns are our Ambassadors – helping their fellow students to understand the benefits of participating in internships, co-ops, and relevant work experiences. GHU Interns promote the opportunities that come with meeting with your dedicated career advisor, taking part in student-run events like Resume or LinkedIn workshops, and much more. You can stay up to date with our student interns by following the O’Brien Center for Career Development on social media or searching #GetHiredUp on different channels.
How do our GHU interns raise awareness?
- By posting weekly on personal social media channels about upcoming O’Brien Center & GHU events
- Sharing helpful tips and tricks for using Handshake, LinkedIn, and creating job application materials
- Hosting workshops related to the job search and preparing for your next internship or job
- Volunteering at campus-wide events like the Involvement Fair and Spring Career Fair
- Spreading the message to their friends, roommates, teammates, and classmates across campus
Are you interested in becoming a Get Hired Up intern in the future? Wonderful – we look forward to receiving your application. Consider searching Handshake for open opportunities when they become available. You can also reach out to current interns and our Get Hired Up Graduate Fellow, who supervises the program, for more information.