This is an externship program that requires an interview. Please apply via lmi.co/undergraduate and search for requisition number 2021-39747.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Part of how we do that is by creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where we are committed to recognizing, appreciating, and embracing the unique insights, perspectives, and backgrounds of our employees.
About the 2021 Student Diversity Symposium
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) extends beyond current employees. That’s why we are proud to offer a unique opportunity for actively enrolled undergraduate students to join this proprietary program. The Student Diversity Symposium (SDS) focuses on career exploration, job shadows, and the future of diversity in the workplace – all with the goal of helping you develop your network and prepare you to become a strong candidate for a Summer 2022 internship.
How it works
The theme for this year’s Student Diversity Symposium is “Navigating Recruitment with a DEI Lens,” with sessions geared towards exploring the intersectionality of DEI and corporate recruiting.
As a SDS participant, you’ll get the opportunity to explore topical DEI themes, engage in a strength’s assessment workshop, and interview for a Summer 2022 internship. Agenda highlights also include:
– Functional deep dives
– Complete a job shadow
– Case competition within the functional area you are most interested in.
– Build connections with recruiters and Liberty leaders through interactive sessions.
– Gain access to a virtual inter-collegiate network of your peers.
– Enhance your DEI toolkit and understanding of DEI in the workplace.
– Complete the Cappfinity Strength Assessment and understand how to leverage your strengths throughout your professional pursuits.
Should you accept an internship offer from Liberty Mutual after SDS, you will also be able to opt into a mentorship program with individuals who started their careers via a summer internship at Liberty.
When it starts
SDS will take place virtually via half-day sessions on October 14th – 15th. You will be asked to select which functional area you would like to interview for a Summer 2022 internship. Options include:
Applications must be received by October 1, 2021.
Pursue your tomorrow, today and join the 2021 Student Diversity Symposium. Apply now.
– Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
– Anticipated year of graduation must be 2023 and/or 2024
– Currently hold permanent US work authorization