The Internship Institute is a Career Readiness program offered every semester out of the O’Brien Center for Career Development at Merrimack College. Open to all majors, this program offers exciting benefits such as a guaranteed internship, career boot camps, and networking opportunities. The program offers four boot camps, networking opportunities, project-based learning, and guarantees an internship to students within one year of completion. Take advantage of Merrimack’s unique Internship Institute designed to prepare you for professional life after college.
You have access to this program through the O’Brien Center for Career Development, where you will participate in a series of 4 bootcamps.
- Boot Camp I | Critical Thinking: Students work together in small groups to solve challenges in critical thinking to solve work-place scenarios.
- Boot Camp II | Upskilling: Students explore their career pathways and skills by using Burning Glass Technologies, LinkedIn Learning and Lorman Education. Gain access to project-based learning opportunities with Open Avenues Foundation.
- Boot Camp III | Communication & Collaboration: Students engage in activities that explore verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, presented by ImprovBoston.
- Boot Camp IV | Professionalism & Networking: Students participate in virtual and in-person mock interviews. Following mock interviews, employers and students join together in a networking event where students and employers will discuss current internship and career opportunities students can apply to.
Employers & Partners
The O’Brien Center for Career Development is fortunate to have a multitude of employers and company partnerships. Merrimack alumni and industry professionals from companies like ALKU, National Financial Network, Talent Retriever and more participate in boot camps as small group leaders, as you problem solve, collaborate and think critically about future professional pathways.
Partnerships with companies like Raid the Room Escape Room, Improv Boston, Open Avenues Foundation, Burning Glass Technologies and LinkedIn Learning provide additional opportunities for you to connect with peers, communicate effectively, target necessary skills, and upskill to expand your capabilities within the job market.
After the completion of the Internship Institute program:
- Skills gained: Upskilling, Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Interviewing
- 7,700+ employers actively engaged with Merrimack College
- 50+ faculty, staff and employers involved
- 21,000+ job and internship opportunities
- 16+ hours of career development
- 6+ hours of networking
- A guaranteed internship
Let us help you find an internship that fits your passion, interests and skills by participating in the Internship Institute program today.
How to Sign-Up & Additional Information
The Internship Institute will run each fall and spring semester. If you know you would like to sign-up for the Fall 2020 Internship Institute, you can do so by registering on Handshake here. You must commit to attending all 4 bootcamps. Want to learn more or have additional questions? RSVP to our Information Session on Monday, April 20 on Handshake here.
To learn more about the Internship Institute, contact Katherine Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.