“Internships came back as the most important thing that employers look for when evaluating a recent college graduate.” -Dan Berrett, The Chronicle
It is never too early for your student to begin the internship search for the next term – spring, summer, and even fall. Merrimack students are benefiting from our newest job platform, Handshake, since we launched in June 2018. There have been over 3,000 internship and job opportunities posted within Handshake already.
71% of employers offer paid internship opportunities, meaning your students do not have sacrifice money to receive relevant work experience towards their degree and post-graduation career path.
It’s easy for students to begin their internship or post-graduate job search. Students can visit our career advisors’ Walk-In Hours hosted Monday through Thursday in the O’Brien Center and Lucey Advising Center, and Monday and Thursday in the Health Sciences Advising Center, for full career development support. At Walk-Ins, our staff will also help your student set up a follow-up appointment to dig deeper into the next steps of the process.
We encourage students to log-in and build their Handshake profile. This allows for an easy application to any position posted in the Handshake platform.
Exciting Internship Opportunities Available in Handshake:
- Social Media Internship at Boston Children’s Hospital
- Information Technology Internship at Procter & Gamble
- Robotics, Mechanical Engineering Internship at iRobot
- Research & Development Internship at Nexcelom Bioscience
- Finance Summer Internship Program at BAE Systems, Inc.
- Physiology Intern at Center For Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Disease
- Summer Teaching Fellow at Uncommon Schools
*All of these opportunities and many more are available for students in Handshake.