“Investing in internships helps students succeed in their first job and sets them up for long-term career success, extending the value of their college degree into their 40+ year career.” -Forbes
Did you know?
- The #1 factor in influencing employer hiring decisions for recent grades is student internship experience.
- The average amount of time in advance of a start date that employers begin recruiting interns is 8 months.
- 71% of employers offer paid internships. Students don’t have to sacrifice earning money in order to gain valuable experience.
- Finding internship opportunities through Merrimack is easy. Direct your student to merrimack.edu/handshake to get started.
- Accounting Networking Roundtable in Crowe Hall Executive Suite. Tuesday, October 2nd from 9:00-11:00 AM
- Finance Networking Roundtable in Crowe Hall Executive Suite. Thursday October 4th from 11:00AM-1:00PM
- Accounting and Finance Career Fair in the Sakowich Campus Center MPR on Thursday, October 11th from 2:00-4:30PM.
- Exploring Careers in Human Development & Human Services on Monday, October 29th at 5:30pm
- Social Media Internship at the Boston Children’s Hospital
- Community Outreach Internship at the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Investor Services Internship at Putnam Investments
- Engineering Internship at Raytheon
- Distribution Operations Internship at TJX Companies
*All of these opportunities and many more are available in Handshake for students to apply: merrimack.edu/handshake